Monday, March 9, 2009

#26.... stop what you're doing

right NOW

go here and download the remix of Amerie's stellar song 'One Thing' by siik.

next go to the man's website (siik.org) and enjoy.
the dude is all over pictures and youtube and has some super dope mixes posted.

I am currently on my 5th time in a row listening to this JAM.

Here's the video for the original song:



the original is a straight up monster. it's working on 4 years old and I'm still not tired of it.

the remix takes the go-go (DRUMS PLEASE!) out and throws in some strings and picked electric guitar and moves it into the smoothed out tip... aaaah. perfect for drinking a cold beer and eating some fresh guacamole on a patio outside, which I will be doing every possible moment this summer... if it ever gets here.

and I'm done geeking out over another R&B song

ps - just finished the 7th time through... on to #8

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always thought it sounded like she was gobbling like turkey at the beginning.

Anonymous said...

Ahem...I mean "a turkey."

"john" said...

hhmmmmm, never noticed that.
I was too busy marveling at the DRUMS

mil said...

wow, you're all about siik!

the music is Nujabes - Aurarian Dance. if you don't know Nujabes you should definitely check him out. one of the best jazzy hip-hop producers around, and he's japanese :O check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnL3aTVQS9k

"john" said...

thanks Ryan in Japan
any suggestions on an album for nujabes?

mil said...

the comments section is now restricted to Ryans Only!

nujabes only has two official albums: Metaphorical Music and Modal Soul. both are excellent and worth looking up/checking out however you can. he also has a few comps and mixtapes that might be a little harder to find, but great as well. the 2nd compilation he did has a song featuring CL SMOOTH!!!! he also did some tracks for the anime Samurai Champloo, if you've heard of that.

if you are totally unable to find anything, let me know and i'll hook you up :)

also ps - it's weird that you are all about siik, because him and me go way back :D

"john" said...

thanks for the info Ryan/mil/Ryan in Japan.

I think I can prolly find some of his stuff thru bit torrent (ssshhhh!) but I'd love to find something in physical form (esp. vinyl) without spending a ton. I'll keep my eye out.

that's cool that you know siik. I 1st heard of him when he posted the amerie mix 5 years ago (wow!) thru pitchfork. since then I've followed his site and d/l'd a bunch of his mixes too. seems like a solid dude.

mil said...

now is when the convienence of digital music shines: download some stuff, check it out, tell me what you like the most/would like the most on vinyl, and i'll check some stores here for ya :)

I GOT THA HOOKUPZZZZ

"john" said...

you have no idea how much I want to come to Tokyo and dig around.
It would also be pretty sweet to be the tallest white dude around too!

mil said...

I'm no crate-digger, but apparently Tokyo is one of the best places on this planet for digging.

If you ever want to make a trip, let me know and I'll be your guide! I just hope you like everyone staring at you :O